Malters is a municipality in the district of Lucerne in the canton of Lucerne in Switzerland.

Malters is first mentioned in second half of the 9th Century as in Maltrensi marcha. In 1238 it was mentioned as villa Malters.

Malters has an area of 28.6 km2 (11.0 sq mi). Of this area, 64.7% is used for agricultural purposes, while 24.5% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 9.5% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (1.2%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains). In the 1997 land survey, 24.54% of the total land area was forested. Of the agricultural land, 60.55% is used for farming or pastures, while 4.17% is used for orchards or vine crops. Of the settled areas, 4.73% is covered with buildings, 0.88% is industrial, 0.39% is classed as special developments, 0.25% is parks or greenbelts and 3.29% is transportation infrastructure. Of the unproductive areas, 0.04% is unproductive standing water (ponds or lakes), 1.12% is unproductive flowing water (rivers) and 0.07% is other unproductive land.

The municipality is located about 10 km (6.2 mi) from Lucerne along both sides of the Kleine Emme river. It consists of the village of Malters and, until 1845, the now independent municipality of Schwarzenberg.

Malters has a population (as of 31 December 2015) of 6,988. As of 2007, 8.8% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 3.4%. Most of the population (as of 2000) speaks German (93.2%), with Albanian being second most common ( 2.8%) and Serbo-Croatian being third ( 0.8%).

In the 2007 election the most popular party was the FDP which received 30.9% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the CVP (27.4%), the SVP (24.3%) and the SPS (8%).

The age distribution in Malters is; 1,707 people or 26.6% of the population is 0–19 years old. 1,707 people or 26.6% are 20–39 years old, and 2,111 people or 32.9% are 40–64 years old. The senior population distribution is 651 people or 10.1% are 65–79 years old, 207 or 3.2% are 80–89 years old and 34 people or 0.5% of the population are 90+ years old.

The entire Swiss population is generally well educated. In Malters about 69.2% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).

As of 2000 there are 2,197 households, of which 615 households (or about 28.0%) contain only a single individual. 307 or about 14.% are large households, with at least five members. As of 2000 there were 997 inhabited buildings in the municipality, of which 700 were built only as housing, and 297 were mixed use buildings. There were 407 single family homes, 138 double family homes, and 155 multi-family homes in the municipality. Most homes were either two (353) or three (226) story structures. There were only 31 single story buildings and 90 four or more story buildings.

Malters has an unemployment rate of 1.25%. As of 2005, there were 427 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 141 businesses involved in this sector. 1106 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 79 businesses in this sector. 1115 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 141 businesses in this sector. As of 2000 49.5% of the population of the municipality were employed in some capacity. At the same time, females made up 39.7% of the workforce.

In the 2000 census the religious membership of Malters was; 4,651 (75.9%) were Roman Catholic, and 584 (9.5%) were Protestant, with an additional 63 (1.03%) that were of some other Christian faith. There are 4 individuals (0.07% of the population) who are Jewish. There are 235 individuals (3.84% of the population) who are Muslim. Of the rest; there were 62 (1.01%) individuals who belong to another religion, 305 (4.98%) who do not belong to any organized religion, 223 (3.64%) who did not answer the question.

The historical population is given in the following table:

Ten Mile Road Race

The Fire Fighters Ten Mile Road Race is an annual road running race held in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. It originated in 1910, and follows a route linking Port Arthur and Fort William. The race draws about 700 runners, and is held annually on Victoria Day, a Canadian national holiday.This holiday occurs on the 3rd Monday in May.

The Ten Mile Road Race in Thunder Bay has a history that dates back to 1910. It is the oldest 10 mile road race in Canada, predating the Tely 10 mile road race held in St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador since 1922. The Fort William Daily Times-Journal, a local newspaper, announced in April 1910 that it would sponsor an annual road race with the purpose of promoting „healthy and clean sport at the head of the lakes“. The streets were lined with spectators along the entire route. The inaugural race was won by J.E. Edwards of Port Arthur in a time of 57 minutes.

The Times-Journal went on to provide sponsorship for the race until 1915 when World War I forced the cancellation of the event. It was reinstated in 1920. During the 1930s the race continually drew a great deal of public interest.The number of entrants was consistently higher than in previous years (an average of 30 runners in 1930s vs. an average of 12 runners in the 1920s).

World War II caused the race to end for 10 years. On Victoria Day 1949, one decade after the last race, the Ten Mile Road race was revived and organized by Branch 6 of the Royal Canadian Legion. A mere seven runners toed the line in that race, the lowest turnout ever. In the 1950s the race was not held as interest waned.

In 1963, Branch 6 revived the Ten Mile Road Race one more time. Competitors and the public demonstrated that there was renewed interest in the race. In 1966 Gary Young entered the ten mile race for the first time, even through he did not finish that first year he has surpassed the saying if you do not first succeed, try, try, try again. In 1967 Gary Young finished his first 10-mile race at the age of 15, placing 10th overall in a time of 67:42. The following year at the age of 16, Gary came 4th overall in a time of 58:53. In 1969 at the age of 17 he won in a time of 56:15. Since then Gary has won more awards in the annual road race than any other runner. In 1976 finishing second overall Gary ran his fastest time in 51:36. Gary has finished second twice and third twice. Gary Young has finished the ten mile race forty eight times plus in 1978 the 10 mile race committee added the Canadian 20 kilometer championship in which Gary finished 3rd overall in a time of 67:24, making 49 times finishing the ten mile route. Gary has finished the ten mile race under one hour thirty-one times. In 2004, Gary Young became the oldest Thunder Bay runner to finish the race under one hour at the age of 52, (3 days short of his 53rd birthday), Gary ran 59:18. Gary now holds the world record for most annual 10 mile races completed. Gary is still competing as of 2016. The world record for most annual road races is 58 held by marathon runner John Kelley (deceased). The world record for most annual races (cross country) completed is 67 by Jack Kirk (deceased). In 1968, the first female competitor ran in the Ten Mile Road Race: Frances Blanche of Marathon, Ontario. Awards and separate categories for female runners were not initiated until the late 1970s. The fastest time to date for a local female athlete is Sue Kainulainen (58:30 in 1984). She went on to win the women’s division seven times. In 1970, the event took on a higher profile as it became the National 10 Mile Championship won by Robert Moore. In 1973 Thunder Bay`s Bill Britten ran the 10 mile in 49:13 while living and training in the city of Thunder Bay. In 1975 Jim Trapp also a native of Thunder Bay came back to Thunder Bay after attending Northern Arizona University and ran in a winning time of 49:04. Bill Britton came 2nd in 1975 in a time of 49:26. In 1978 the 10 mile race committee added a second race,the Canadian 20 Kilometre Championship. This race started before the 10 mile. Bill Britten won in 63:47,Jim Fethers was second in 66:04 and Gary Young placed third in 67:24. Only one woman ran the 20 km. race, Marilyn Fraser ran 93:23. Unfortuntely most runners in Thunder Bay raced the 10 mile, and the 20 km. race was a big disappointment to the 10 mile road race committee. Since the 1978 race all 10 mile race committees and race directors upto 2016 have failed to recognize the Canadian 20 kilometre event on the Thunder Bay Fire Fighters 10 mile web site. In the 1970`s many of the country’s top runners traveled to Thunder Bay and provided some of the fastest and most competitive racing the event has ever seen. Some of these runners were Dan Shaughnessy, Brian Armstrong, Robert Moore, and Harry Jerome (a past winner of Boston Marathon).

The nature of the race gradually began to expand, from a highly competitive elite event to one encompassing runners of all ability levels. This took place with the beginning of the running boom in the 1970s. Up until this time, the largest number of participants was about 80. Into the 1980s, the numbers of participants increased to 300 or so runners taking on the 10 mile distance. In 1989 Lakehead University sponsored the race with the help of Branch 6 of the Royal Canadian Legion and other supporters. They continued their sponsorship for the next five years. Bell Canada came on board in 1992 and 1993. The torch was then passed to Shoppers Drug Mart who contributed financial and volunteer support for the next 10 years. In 2004, the 71st running of the 10 Mile Road Race welcomed the Thunder Bay Professional Firefighters Association as the next title sponsor. In 2009, Half Way Motors stepped forward to become a presenting sponsor with the Firefighters continuing as the title sponsors.

In 1981, a pre-race pasta dinner was added to the venue. It has continued to attract runners, organizers, volunteers along with their families and friends to come together to dine and share stories of past races. In 2009 the race had 714 individual runners and 150 more for relays.

The current race route is an out and back course and has runners running up and down an overpass bridge twice, making the course more difficult than necessary. Although there have been minor modifications in the course over the years, it continues the tradition of offering a route that connects the two former cities of Fort William and Port Arthur. The course is not a fast course and has never been certified.

The race starts on Simpson Street near the intersection with Donald Street and follows Simpson Street as it turns into Fort William Road and then into Water Street. At this point the route turns onto Marina Park Drive and the runners experience a clear view from the top of the overpass of Lake Superior and the Sleeping Giant. The route goes a short distance into Marina Park where it reaches the mid way turning point. The roads along the course are closed to all vehicular traffic with barricades and volunteers at each intersection. Spectators have easy of access to all sectors of the route with sight lines of the runners on the outward leg and homeward leg of the race.

The Columbus Centre at the corner of May and Arthur Streets serves as the race centre. It provides the venue for the race registrations, the pre-race pasta dinner, and change rooms and the awards event after the race.

The race has and continues to be held on the Victoria Day holiday which occurs on the last Monday on or before May 24. It begins at 9:00 AM to ensure that the runners have a comfortable temperature for the run and the roads can be reopened to traffic before the busier part of the day. The Thunder Bay 10 Mile Road Race celebrated its 75th running in 2008.

Four Thunder Bay athletes have excelled in this race. Sue Kainulainen has the record for the most victories (7) in the women’s division. Jonathon Balabuck has posted 5 consecutive victories in the men’s division. Gary Young has the most annual races competed with 48 and has won more awards than any other runner. Bill Britten has ran four sub 50 minute ten mile races,1973,1974,1975,1976 and has the highest age graded performance of all Thunder Bay runners at 91.62 percent. In all previous races only one other Thunder Bay runner has raced under 50 minutes.

Times News Newspaper, Brodie Street Library 1973 tape 360. Times News Newspaper, Brodie Street Library 1974 tape 367. Times News Newspaper, Brodie Street Library 1975 tape 376. Times News Newspaper, Brodie Street Library 1976 May.

Japanische Antarktisforschung

Die Japanische Antarktisexpedition ist in der internationalen Literatur meist unter dem Stichwort „Japanese Antarctic Research Expedition (JARE)“ zu finden. Es ist ein Sammelbegriff für die umfangreichen Untersuchungen, die Japan nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg in der Antarktis durchgeführt hat. Nach ersten Expeditionen in den Jahren 1910 bis 1912 als Fortsetzung von Walfang und Tiefseefischerei im sog. Goldenen Zeitalter der Antarktisforschung stieg Japan ab 1956 mit der festen Shōwa-Station in die Antarktis-Forschung ein.

Die Koordination lag beim NIPR und finanziert wurde über den Etat des Ministeriums für Bildung, Kultur, Sport, Wissenschaft und Technologie (MEXT). Der Jahresetat betrug 1995 2,9 Mio. Yen.

NIPR stellt für JARE die gesamte Infrastruktur zur Verfügung mit Ausnahme des Transportes von Material und Personal, das der Eisbrecher Shirase – nach dem Antarktis-Forscher Nobu Shirase – übernimmt, der wiederum vom japanischen Verteidigungsministerium unterhalten wird. Das wissenschaftliche Programm auf Shōwa-Station deckt Untersuchungen ab der Oberen Atmosphäre, Wetterkunde, Seismologie, Gravimetrie, Geodäsie und Kartographie, Ozeanographie, Glaziologie, Geologie, Geographie, maritime und terrestrische Biologie sowie Medizinwissenschaften. An Bord des Schiffs Shirase können außerdem die folgenden Gebiete untersucht werden: Ionosphäre, Meteorologie, Geomagnetismus, Gravimetrie und physikalische, chemikalische und biologische Ozeanographie.

Die erste Japanische Antarktisexpedition fand 1910–1912 unter Leitung des Armeeleutnants Nobu Shirase mit dem Schiff Kainan Maru statt. Nach Abfahrt in Tokio am 1. Dezember 1910 erreichte die Expedition das antarktische Eis am 26. Februar 1911. Eine Landung auf dem antarktischen Kontinent gelang erst im Folgejahr am 16. Januar 1912, wobei die Japaner Roald Amundsens Schiff Fram antrafen. Sie segelten weiter und stießen etwa 160 Meilen südlich von ihrem Schiffslandeplatz bis zum Yamato-Schneefeld vor, wo sie aufgrund widriger Wetterverhältnisse und schwindender Kräfte umkehrten. Das Wettrennen um das Erreichen des Südpols konnten die Japaner nicht mehr gewinnen. Am 20. Juni 1912 kehrten das Schiff und die Mannschaft nach einer Reise von mehr als 30.000 Meilen wieder nach Yokohama zurück. Alle Expeditionsteilnehmer kehrten zurück.

In Vorbereitung auf das Internationale Geophysikalische Jahr (1957/1958) beschloss die japanische Regierung 1955 die Errichtung einer nationalen antarktischen Forschungsstation.

Die erste Station wurde ab Ende 1956 aufgebaut und im Sommer 1957 bezogen. Sie liegt auf der Ost-Ongul-Insel, die sich östlich des nördlichen Teiles der Ongul-Insel auf der Ostseite der Einfahrt zur Lützow-Holm-Bucht befindet. Ursprünglich wurde diese Insel als Teil der Ongul-Insel angesehen. Erst durch die Japanische Südpol-Expedition (JARE) 1957 wurde ein Fahrwasser zwischen beiden Landpartien entdeckt. Die Shōwa-Station bestand aus drei Häusern mit insgesamt 184 m² Nutzfläche. Im Juli 1970 kam die Mizuho-Station und im Januar 1985 die Asuka-Station hinzu. Außerdem arbeitet seit 1995 die Dome Fuji Station, wo in erster Linie Tiefbohrungen vorgenommen werden. Alle drei Stationen hatten im Jahre 2001 48 Gebäude mit zusammen nahezu 6.000 m² Nutzfläche.

Seit 1973 gilt JARE als inneruniversitäre Einrichtung. Seit 2008 ist der dritte Polar-Eisbrecher Shirase 5003 für die Stationen in der Antarktis unterwegs. Vorgänger waren der 1983 in Dienst gestellte 11.600-Tonnen Eisbrecher Shirase 5002 und zuvor Sōya und Fuji. Die Anschaffung und Ausrüstung von Shirase 5002 kostete 24 Mrd. Yen. Das Jahresbudget für die Forschungsstationen lag Mitte der 1980er Jahre zwischen drei und vier Mrd. Yen. Das mit 3.800 Tonnen wesentlich kleinere Vorgängerschiff Sōya von Hokkaidō ist seit 1979 Museumsschiff in Tokio, die 1965 in Dienst gestellte und 5.250 BRT große Fuji ist Museumsschiff in Nagoya.

Seit 1990 arbeitet das International Arctic Science Committee (IASC), dem acht Länder angehören. Als Mitglied im IASC stellt Japan eine Untergruppe der Polarforschung dar. Schwerpunkt der Arbeit ist die Untersuchung von Umwelteinflüssen in der Atmosphäre, dem Ozean und bei Lebewesen.

Shōwa-Station (昭和基地, Shōwa-kichi), benannt nach der Ärabezeichnung Shōwa, ist die Mutterstation des gesamten Projektes. Sie wurde im Januar 1957 bezogen und wurde nach einer Unterbrechung von Februar 1962 bis 1965 kontinuierlich vergrößert. Die Unterbrechung war verursacht durch eine hohe Unzuverlässigkeit der Transportmöglichkeiten sowohl des Eisbrechers als auch der Hubschrauber für den Transferverkehr zwischen Schiff und Station. Auf vehementes Drängen der japanischen Forscher beschloss das Parlament im Dezember 1963 den Bau eines neuen Eisbrechers, von Überland-Fahrzeugen sowie eines neuen Budgets. Die Station ist Sommer wie Winter besetzt. Hier laufen sämtliche Forschungsergebnisse auch der anderen Stationen zusammen.

Mizuho-Station (みずほ基地, Mizuho-kichi; ) wurde im Januar 1970 eingerichtet. Die Station liegt etwa 270 Kilometer in südöstliche Richtung von Shōwa-Station entfernt auf 2.230 Meter über dem Meer auf der Mizuho-Hochebene. Die Mizuho-Station ist nicht ständig besetzt, lediglich in den zehn Jahren von 1976 bis 1986 waren dort ständig Mitarbeiter, die die Meteorologie, Glaziologie und die Obere Atmosphäre beobachtet haben, so wie es jetzt nur noch gelegentlich passiert.

Asuka-Station (あすか基地, Asuka-kichi; ), benannt nach Asuka-kyō, liegt auf 930,5 Höhenmetern nördlich der Sor-Rondane-Berge und wurde am 26. März 1985 errichtet. Es hat eine Gesamtfläche von 450 Quadratmetern und liegt mittlerweile größtenteils unter Schnee und Eis. Die Station dient als Ausgangspunkt für die Feldforschung in Sachen Geologie, Geomorphologie, Meteoritensuche, Glaziologie und Biologie in den Sor-Rondane-Bergen. Die Sor-Rondane-Berge sind eine etwa 160 Kilometer lange Bergkette, die bis zu 3.400 Meter über dem Meer ansteigt. Von 1987 bis 1991 war die Station ständig besetzt zum Zwecke der Forschung in den Bereichen Meteorologie, Glaziologie, der Kern-Mantel-Grenze, die nach ihren Entdeckern Emil Wiechert und Beno Gutenberg auch Wiechert-Gutenberg-Diskontinuität genannt wird, sowie der Oberen Atmosphäre.

Im Jahresmittel zwischen 1985 und 1990 betrug die Temperatur −18,3 °C und die Windgeschwindigkeit 12,6 m/s. Die Höchsttemperatur von −0,5 °C wurde am 5. Januar 1990 und die Niedrigsttemperatur von −48,7 °C am 9. August 1987 gemessen.

Die Dome-Fuji-Station (ドームふじ基地, Dōmu-Fuji-kichi; ) befindet sich auf dem Gipfel des 3.810 Meter über NN hohen Dome Fuji und wurde am 29. Januar 1995 als bislang letzte, japanische Station in Betrieb genommen. Sie liegt etwa 1000 km südlich der Shōwa-Station.

Hier werden in erster Linie Tiefbohrungen ins Eis vorgenommen (bis 2.500 Meter), um Umwelteinflüsse und Klimaveränderungen zu studieren. In den letzten Jahren wurde der Umweltschutz für das einzigartige Ökosystem in der Antarktis als extrem wichtig erkannt und entsprechend den internationalen Vereinbarungen berücksichtigt.

Die „Takaki Promontory“ () in der Antarktis, eine Halbinsel, wurde nach Takaki Kanehiro, einem Marinearzt und Mitglied des japanischen Herrenhauses benannt. Er ist der bislang einzige Japaner, dem die Ehre einer Namensgebung von Land in der Antarktis zuteilwurde. Takaki hatte der japanischen Marine geholfen, Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts die ernährungsbedingte Vitaminmangelkrankheit Beriberi zu bekämpfen, was die Antarktisfahrt 1910 erheblich erleichterte. Insbesondere bei japanischen Schiffsbesatzungen kam es vor Takakis Forschung nach längerer Ernährung nur mit weißem Reis zu einer Vielzahl tödlicher Erkrankungen, beim japanischen Heer noch 1905. Die eigentliche Ursache, ein Mangel an Thiamin wurde erst 1925 durch Christiaan Eijkman aufgeklärt, wofür dieser 1929 den Nobelpreis erhielt.

Jeremias Benjamin Richter

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

Jeremias Benjamin Richter (* 10 mars 1762 à Hirschberg, Silésie; † 14 avril 1807 à Berlin) était un chimiste allemand.

Il est considéré comme le père de la stœchiométrie, ayant énoncé en 1791 la „loi de proportions définies“ : il constate que pour une réaction donnée le rapport des masses des réactifs consommés est constant.

Ce travail est complété par celui de Joseph Proust en 1794, et pose les bases de la nouvelle théorie atomique qui sera appliquée à la chimie par John Dalton en 1804.

En 1794 il devient expert des mines à Breslau, puis en 1800 il est nommé assesseur au département des mines et chimiste à l’usine royale de porcelaine de Berlin, où il meurt en 1807.

J.B. Richter a d’abord embrassé une carrière militaire dans le corps des ingénieurs de l’armée prussienne. Au bout de sept ans, il du renoncer à poursuivre sa carrière et à quitter l’armée pour des raisons disciplinaires. Déjà à l’armée, son cœur battait pour la chimie dont il lisait les livres qui lui passaient entre les mains.

En 1785, il entra à l’université de Konigsberg où il étudia la philosophie et les mathématiques. Il eut comme professeur Emmanuel Kant ce qui l’influença largement. Il décida de faire de la chimie pour lui donner des fondements mathématiques, une idée qui apparaît fortement dans sa thèse eusu matheseos in Chemia (1789).

En 1795, il devient inspecteur des mines en Silésie avec un salaire très faible (300 thalers). Il partage une chambre avec son assistant, où ses livres et ses habits moisissent et ses instruments rouillent. Il nourrit en vain l’espoir d’une chaire à l’université. Tout son salaire passe dans l’achat de produits chimiques et de matériel avec lesquels il travaille jour et nuit. Il change ensuite de travail pour le fabricant des porcelaines royales où il est qualifié pour les colorants avec un salaire de 700 thalers.

Il ne s’est jamais marié, travaillant comme s’il n’en avait plus pour longtemps à vivre. Il meurt à 45 ans de la tuberculose sans jamais que ses mérites ait été reconnus.

The Hideout (Pensilvania)

The Hideout es un lugar designado por el censo ubicado en el condado de Wayne en el estado estadounidense de Pensilvania. En el Censo de 2010 tenía una población de 3013 habitantes y una densidad poblacional de 173,84 personas por km².

The Hideout se encuentra ubicado en las coordenadas . Según la Oficina del Censo de los Estados Unidos, The Hideout tiene una superficie total de 17.33 km², de la cual 15.82 km² corresponden a tierra firme y (8.7%) 1.51 km² es agua.

Según el censo de 2010, había 3013 personas residiendo en The Hideout. La densidad de población era de 173,84 hab./km². De los 3013 habitantes, The Hideout estaba compuesto por el 94.52% blancos, el 2.82% eran afroamericanos, el 0.17% eran amerindios, el 0.27% eran asiáticos, el 0% eran isleños del Pacífico, el 0.83% eran de otras razas y el 1.39% pertenecían a dos o más razas. Del total de la población el 5.24% eran hispanos o latinos de cualquier raza.

Château d’Ōgaki

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Japon (ouest)

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Japon

Le château d’Ōgaki (大垣城, Ōgaki-jō?), château de Bi (麇城, Bi-jō?) ou château de Kyoroku (巨鹿城, Kyoroku-jō?) se trouve dans la ville d’Ōgaki de la préfecture de Gifu, au Japon.

Au moment de sa construction, le château possède quatre niveaux et quatre sortes différentes de douves. À la fin du XVIe siècle, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, comprenant l’emplacement stratégique du château, le renforce en érigeant le donjon. Du fait de l’importance historique du château, notamment son rôle dans la bataille de Sekigahara en 1600, le donjon est désigné « Trésor National » en 1936.

Le donjon et l’ensemble du château sont détruits par des raids aériens durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale avant d’être reconstruits en 1959. Le château actuel est une réplique du donjon tandis que l’intérieur héberge un musée d’artéfacts de la bataille de Sekigahara.

Seasonal spread trading

Seasonal spread traders are spread traders that take advantage of seasonal patterns by holding long and short positions in futures contracts simultaneously in the same or a related commodity markets. The spread is the difference between the simultaneous values of these futures contracts.

Traders may use a combination of fundamental analysis, technical, and historical factors in their analysis. Speculators hope to profit from the relative changes in price between the initial and offsetting positions. Contracts may be spread against different months or different markets. Traders are concerned with whether the changes in the difference between the sides of the spread are moving in their favor or not. Position traders may hold trades longer and with less risk using spreads.

Lower good faith margin deposits required by commodity exchanges to trade spreads means more opportunities to leverage up and diversify positions. Spreads may behave smoother than the underlying futures contracts.

Henry Cohen

Henry Cohen (Amsterdam, 21 aprile 1806 – Parigi, 17 maggio 1880) è stato un numismatico, bibliografo e compositore francese.

Trasferitosi a Parigi, lavorò come docente di musica e ricoprì l’incarico di curatore del Cabinet des Médailles della Biblioteca Nazionale di Francia.

Cohen è noto per due lavori fondamentali, il primo del 1854 sulle monete della repubblica romana e il secondo, pubblicato tra il 1859 ed il 1868, su quelle coniate durante l’impero romano.

Oltre ai suoi studi sulla numismatica Cohen ha scritto e fatto rappresentare diversi componimenti musicali. Ha pubblicato anche quattro trattati di teoria musicale.

Il trattato Description historique des monnaies frappées sous l’Empire romain, communément appelées Médailles impériales (Descrizione storica delle moneta battute sotto l’Impero romano, comunemente chiamate Medaglie imperiali) fu pubblicato a Parigi in otto volumi, tra il 1859 ed il 1868, ed una seconda edizione fu data alle stampe negli anni 1880—1892.

Riguarda le monete romane emesse dal 49 a.C. (monete di Pompeo) fino al 476 d.C. (Romolo Augusto).

Le monete sono ordinate cronologicamente per imperatore, e per ogni imperatore seguendo l’ordine alfabetico della legenda presente al rovescio.

Questo ordine, certamente poco scientifico, comunque permette di identificare abbastanza rapidamente la moneta.

Ovviamente ormai molte delle informazioni contenute sono diventate obsolete.

Anche se ora è superato dal R.I.C. (Roman Imperial Coinage) il testo di Cohen è ancora molto usato nei testi e nei cataloghi di vendita per le monete imperiali romane.

Dell’opera ci sono state diverse ristampe anastatiche. Ne esiste anche un’edizione in rete.

Altri progetti


Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Liban

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Liban

Aazra (arabe : العذرا) est un village libanais qui se situe dans le District de Kesrouan, l’une des subdivisions administratives du Gouvernorat du Mont-Liban.

La municipalité se situe à une distance d’environ 39 kilomètres de Beyrouth, la capitale du pays. Elle s’élève à une altitude de 750 mètres du niveau de la mer et s’étend sur une surface de 113 hectares.

Le couvent Saint Élie, à Aazra fut l’un des principaux lieux de tournage de la série télévisée libanaise Metel El Amar. (arabe : متل القمر)

Le village détient 7 sites religieux:
• Le monastère Saints Pierre et Paul
• Les églises de Saint Doumit et de Saint Étienne
• Le couvent Saint Élie
• Les chapelles de Sainte Lourdes, de la Sainte Famille et des Saints Pierre et Paul

Ramiro Otal Navascués

Ramiro Otal Navascúes (1893 – 1962) fue un militar español, que destacó por su participación en la Guerra Civil Española, durante la cual se mantuvo leal a la república, a la que sirvió en las filas del Ejército Popular Republicano.

Mandaba las Mehalas de Caballería, tropas de choque africanas, durante la Guerra de Marruecos. Tiempo después fue destinado como jefe de la guardia real de Alfonso XIII. Una vez proclamada la II República, despidió al rey la noche que abandonó el Palacio con destino a Cartagena y después al exilio, entregando al día siguiente el palacio al nuevo gobierno provisional. Pasó a pedir destino en el Estado Mayor Central del Ejército de Tierra, el cual le fue concedido automáticamente por méritos propios.

Al inicio de la Guerra Civil era coronel, y seguía destinado en el Estado Mayor del Ejército. Desde los primeros días se encargó de su jefatura, e intentó coordinar la acción de las unidades militares no desbandadas tras la sublevación. Su objetivo primordial en estos días era el de cubrir los accesos a Madrid, a corta distancia con la (Sierra de Madrid) y a larga distancia con (Córdoba), aunque dirigió también acciones en el Sector de la Sierra. Las funciones de este Estado Mayor se verían bastante limitadas por el Comité creado por Hernández Saravia.

A principios de octubre de 1936 dirigió un grupo de columnas que cerraron el paso del Ejército de África al sur de Madrid. Organizó el ataque sobre Illescas (del 19 al 23 de octubre) que fracasó.

El 26 de octubre pasó a ser jefe del Estado Mayor del Ejército de Operaciones del Centro|, dirigido por Pozas. El 9 de febrero de 1937, al convertirse el Ejército de Operaciones del Centro en el Ejército del Centro, pasó a formar parte del Estado Mayor Central.

En mayo de 1937 estaba al frente de la Defensa de Costas Levante-Sur, y el 22 de julio fue nombrado jefe de la Defensa de Costas de todo el Mediterráneo (excepto Cartagena y su área de influencia y Mahón). Su hijo Ramiro Otal Paz murió en Barrracas el 27 de mayo de 1937, ametrallado en su automóvil militar en un control de carretera cuando intentaba pasar a la zona Nacional en el frente de Teruel, junto con un amigo el cual resultó ileso, y aun vivo fue rematado por Llopis, uno de los doce escoltas que llevaba su padre el coronel Otal, antes de que llegara el coronel. En diciembre del mismo año volvió a dirigir sólo la Defensa de Costas del Sur, llamada luego Zona de Valencia. En dicho puesto pasó el resto de la guerra. Fue detenido al terminar la guerra trasladado a la prisión en las Torres de Cuarte y trasladado después a la prisión de Monteolivete donde fue juzgado y condenado a muerte, por los cuatro días que permaneció en el frente de Illescas, pero posteriormente conmutada personalmente por Franco, el cual lo recordaba como compañero en la academia de Zaragoza, y por ser uno de los pocos oficiales que había acudido a la estación de Atocha a despedirlo cuando el gobierno republicano decidió mandarlo a Canarias para apartarlo de Madrid; como el coronel Otal estaba en desacuerdo con esta orden no tuvo reparos en demostrarlo en público, y girándose a los policías secretos que estaban en el anden les dio su nombre y rango militar, tras lo cual y despedirse de Franco abandonó la estación. La condena de muerte fue por tanto cambiada por la de cadena perpetua, la cual también fue modificada por la de dos años de prisión al cabo de los cuales salió libre pero desposeído de su rango y carrera militar. Se fue a vivir a Madrid con su esposa y volvió en muchas ocasiones a Valencia a visitar a su única hija y a sus tres nietos. Murió en Valencia el 10 de diciembre de 1962. Está enterrado en el cementerio de Valencia junto con su esposa e hijo en el panteón familiar de la familia Otal Paz.

El general Millan Astray, al verlo pasear un día por el Paseo de la Castellana en Madrid intentó convencerlo para que se reintegrara al Ejército, a lo cual él se negó si no volvía con el mismo rango militar que poseía durante la guerra.

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet bogner taschen bogner taschen leder